OCCS holds fundraising events throughout the year to support our music and sport programs and spring and fall field trips. Families are encouraged to participate as the profits fund our extracurricular programs and events.
Need labels? From lunch containers to clothing and shoes – Mabel’s Labels has personalized labels to keep track of all your kiddo’s things and 20% of all sales go to OCCS.
- Go to Mabel’s Labels > Fundraising Support
- Select ‘Our Children’s Centre (Victoria)’.
- Once selected, 20% of your order will automatically go to OCCS.
The Bottle Depot
Return your beverage containers to one of three Bottle Depot locations (Downtown Victoria, Quadra, or Glanford) and the money will go to OCCS.
- Sort your beverage containers.
- At the till, let them know BEFORE you return them that you would like to donate the funds to Our Children’s Centre Society.
- At the end of each month, if the account is over $50.00 a cheque is mailed to OCCS!
The Soap Exchange – Clean Up Club
Shop at The Soap Exchange and support OCCS!
- Shop at The Soap Exchange located at 1393 Hillside Ave.
- Let them know BEFORE you purchase your items that you are a member of Our Children’s Centre’s ‘Clean Up Club’.
- Then 10% of your purchases (in dollar value) will go to the centre.
BC Public Service employees can participate in the Provincial Employee Community Service Fund (PECSF) program and generously contribute to our centre via automatic payroll deductions.
Scholastic Books Canada
Want to expand your child’s library, as well as the daycares? Here’s How:
- Go to scholastics.ca and click on Reading Club.
- Create an account and enter the Class Code RC487689 (Anna Correia). Start shopping!
- Shipping is free over $40 and it will be shipped to your home.
Looking for great quality, durable and re-usable bags and straws? Look no further!
- Head over to www.colibrifundraising.com
- Fill up your cart.
- Follow instructions provided and (Instead of teachers name please put in Infant/Toddler or Preschool).
- Once completed all orders will be shipped to the daycare and we will send them home with you when they arrive.
Purdys Chocolate Christmas/Easter
One of our most anticipated fundraisers is the semi-annual Purdys Chocolate fundraiser.
- Click “SIGN IN” – if you have registered and ordered with us from the past OR Click on “Join a Campaign” and then fill out the registration form
- We will send out the customer number which is 28643
- And get shopping, you can either do it entirely online or fill out the hard copy and return it to the office.
Our Online auction is the biggest and most exciting fundraiser! It takes place, typically, the first two weeks of March. In the month leading up to the auction we encourage families to reach out to their favourite businesses or even offer up a talent of their own for a donation.
How the auction works:
Bidding begins at 6am on the first day.
- Log onto www.32auctions.com
- If you do not already have an account, you will need to create one to bid on the items.
- Once the auction is live, you click on the item you would like to bid on and enter your bid. Most items go up in $2 increments.
- The website itself will message you if you’ve been outbid, so you can go and bid more.
- The auction closes at 10pm of the final night and all bids are final.
- Payments are made to the manager through e-transfer, cash or cheque before you pick up your items!
Paradise Island Cheese
Our newest and cheesiest fundraiser yet! Get a four pack of Paradise Island cheese (Monterey jack jalapeno, sharp cheddar, gouda & applewood smoked old cheddar).
We send out order forms to be filled out and returned to the daycare. Payments are made through e-transfer directly to the manager. When the cheese arrives, we will have them ready for pick up from each program.
Night of Lights
A fun 3.5-hour event with ALL proceeds of ticket sales going to the daycare. The evening includes fabulous in-store discounts, tasty treats, musical entertainment – and the chance to win great prizes!
Ticket sale instructions:
- Each ticket is $5.00.
- The customer receives the entire ticket – DO NOT keep any portion of the ticket. They need the entire ticket to enter the shopping centre on the night of the event and to enter the draw. They are responsible for filling out their own draw entry portion.
- If the customer knows they cannot attend the event, but still wants to support our organization and enter to win prizes – have the customer fill out the Entry portion, tear it off the ticket, give the customer the larger portion of the ticket to keep, return the COMPLETED ENTRY portion to the daycare before the event. A fundraiser committee member will bring in the completed entries and deposit them in the entry boxes on the night of the event. Remember, this is only for the customer that is sure they will not be attending the event.
- Please read the back of one of the tickets for further details regarding the event as information about the grand prize will be on it.
- Children 5 and over must buy a ticket to attend.
- When you are finished selling tickets, please leave the money and any unsold tickets with an educator in your program.
On the night of the event, arrive with your ticket and enjoy a fun night of sales and entertainment!
Tru Earth is a Canadian company that focuses on creating eco-friendly household goods that function the same – or better – than traditional products, but without all the plastic and other chemicals that are harmful for the planet. Tru Earth has disrupted the space of traditional laundry detergent by creating eco-friendly laundry strips that pack ultra-concentrated, hypoallergenic, eco-friendly cleaning power into a tiny, pre-measured strip of liquid less laundry detergent. Its low-suds formula works in all types of washing machines, including high-efficiency (HE).
A large focus of Tru Earth is its critical cause; Tru Earth seeks to make true, lasting change to help SAVE THE PLANET! This is supported by their donation and fundraising efforts to support underfunded and marginalized communities.
Our organization will earn at least 20% on every sale made through our fundraiser, allowing you to purchase any time you need. The complete lineup of Tru Earth’s eco-friendly products is available on our fundraising shop page. All you need to do is purchase through our link and you are supporting our efforts! Here is the link: tru-earth.sjv.io/OurChildrensCentre